Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Sep 7, 2014

brining about the redemption in an unusual way

So Israeli police have caught and arrested the people behind a messianic cult. These people were using drugs and alcohol to trap women into their lair and then would activate them as prostitutes, under the guise that having sexual relations with non-Jews would bring about the great redemption.
source: Walla News

Now, I understand the concept of messianism. I also understand the concept of prostitution and sexual activity. What I don't get is how you combine the two.

How do you convince somebody or explain your raison d'etre that prostitution and unusual sexual activity will bring about the redemption and the Messiah? I don't get the connection.

I guess I would not make a good cult leader.


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. It's been done before - notably by the Frankists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a terrific follower..Rafi, I'll follow you anywhere...you are my leader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was done before the destruction of the first Temple. A pair of false prophets each told their women clientele that the prophecy included to sleep with the other prophet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...